Spectrum Wire Tape - 1/4" x 90 ft
Spectrum sticks hard to masking tape making clean removal difficult. Wire Tape solves this problem by using a thin wire to cut cleanly through the edges of the finished install thus creating a clean professional finish.
Benefits of using Spectrum Wire Tape:
- Enables sharp, precise cuts through tough polymer coatings
- Cut from the bottom up, protecting the surface
How To Use Spectrum Wire Tape:
- Position the tape with the filament bearing edge along the desired trim line.
- Spray Spectrum/Spectrum Sludge or bed-liner coating.
- Pull the wire filament out and through the coating.
Spectrum Wire Tape is used to trim many types of coatings. Below is the application and removal process for the full installation.
Step One: Applying
Remove grease, wax, grime, and silicone from a dirt free surface. Then apply Spectrum Wire Tape along all trim lines. For best results, notch tape to conform to tight corners and gently stretch the tape around curves.
Step Two: Masking
Apply Spectrum Pre-Taped PlastiWrap, our pre-folded masking film, or masking paper. Spectrum Wire Tape is durable enough to withstand most prep work. The special adhesive permits re-positioning if required.
Step Three: Spraying
Proceed to spray, brush, or roll on Spectrum to the project area just as you would normally, directly over the Spectrum Wire Tape and any other masking products you used in preparation for the spray job.
Step Four: Cutting
Pull the wire through the coating to provide a clean finished edge. Always pull wire out as soon as possible after application.
Step Five: Finishing
Remove Spectrum Pre-Taped PlastiWrap or masking paper and tape to complete the trimming process.
Roll of Wire Tape is spooled backwards
If the Wire Tape looks like it is wound backwards it is just positioned improperly from the last use. Follow the steps below to fix.
- Lift up the end of the tape approximately 1 inch.
- Separate the double-sided tape from the liner.
- Hold the liner to the roll of the tape. Do not let it go.
- Unroll the double sided tape 1 rotation of the spool.
Wire Tape should not leave any residue behind, if this occurs pull the tape at a slower rate.