We have a 8 sheets of Luxury Liner MLV cut 2" short to 54" X 22". Match up it with a closed cell foam like Overkill or Over Kill Pro to absorb reflected sound waves.
Apply this mass loaded vinyl barrier on top of Over Kill Pro closed cell foam and a vibration damper like Damplifier Pro for the next level of luxury car silence.
Luxury Liner is very flexible and exceeds the industry standards for noise reduction uses.
Typical Places of Use:
- Door Skins - On top of a closed cell foam decoupler for blocking out sound waves, and thermal insulation.
- Floor - On top of a closed cell foam decoupler for blocking out sound waves, and thermal insulation.
- Firewall - On top of a closed cell foam decoupler for blocking out sound waves, and thermal insulation.
- Van/Semi/SUV Panels - On top of a closed cell foam decoupler for blocking out sound waves, and thermal insulation.
- Trunk - On top of a vibration damper for decoupling air borne waves, blocking out sound waves, and thermal insulation.
- Generator Boxes - RV, Van, or any place a generator is used, place the product around the generator enclosure to block out the noise (Must be 2" away from generator heat sources)
- Rear Seat Wall - To block out high pitched fuel pump noise/hum.
Adhesives for Luxury Liner:
- HH-66 Contact Cement (Vinyl Side)
- Screws or Staples (For Walls of RV's or structures)
Sheet size = 22" x 54"
Thickness = Approximately 1/8"
Mass/Area = 1 lb per sq foot
Total weight per sheet = 9 lbs
Thermal range = -20°F to +180°F
**NOTE** Due to the weight of Luxury Liner, it may be difficult to bond to the underside of horizontal surfaces, such as the ceiling of your car. Use Heat Wave Pro as an excellent alternative.
Noise Reduction Uses...
Luxury Liner is the final layer of material in a multi step approach.
First, install Damplifier Pro or Spectrum to absorb structure borne noise. Next, a layer of Overkill or Overkill Pro is applied to filter out specific airborne frequencies. Lastly Luxury Liner to block airborne noise.
Luxury Liner is designed to be installed on top of Dampers to block the passage of airborne sound waves.
The quieter your car is the better your sound system will perform.
Luxury Liner provides excellent thermal insulation.
For the ultimate in noise and thermal insulation. Combine Damplifier Pro and Luxury Liner Pro to interior sheet metal. For extreme vibration control install Spectrum to the underside.
Does Luxury Liner come with a foam backing?
Not any more. Our previous version of Luxury Liner used to have an open cell foam attached. Luxury Liner is mass loaded vinyl.
What is the difference between Luxury Liner and Luxury Liner Pro?
Luxury Liner and Luxury Liner Pro share a very similar heavy vinyl barrier, but Luxury Liner Pro is a 1 lb psf vinyl barrier bonded to a water resistant closed cell foam. Luxury Liner is mass loaded vinyl with no foam backing.
Why must I apply Luxury Liner to foam?
Applying Luxury Liner on top of foam like Overkill Pro will decouple sound waves preventing them from reflecting backwards.
Sound Transmission Loss - Luxury Liner Mass Loaded Vinyl 1 lb/ft²
(Sound Transmission Loss, in dB, Frequency in Hz)
| Frequency (Hz)
| Sound Transmission Loss (dB)
Please note - Luxury Liner requires a special vinyl adhesive. Second Skin Spray adhesive will not adhere.