Damplifier Pro - CLD
*Made In The USA*
Damplifier Pro 2mm thick butyl vibration sheets (12" X 20"). Simply cut, peel & stick to any prepared fiberglass, aluminum or sheet metal.
Foil - Annealed black foil with ghosted logo
Damplifier Pro uses an ultra-thick 6.5 mil foil. Thicker foil means better sound deadening, vibration control, heat dissipation and easier installation with less risk of tearing.
Butyl Rubber Adhesive - High Quality American Made
High temperature butyl adhesive with increased elastomeric properties. Less fillers and more rubber means better vibration damping and noise reduction. 450 F heat rated, Damplifier Pro will not melt, out gas, or fall off.
Typical Places of Use:
- Door Skins - Outer Skin & Inner Door Frame.
- Floor - From the front firewall all the way back to rear deck seat wall.
- Firewall - Cabin side or engine side. (450-degree heat rating).
- Van/Semi/SUV Panels – Any sheet metal.
- Pillars - A, B, and C pillars.
- Trunk - Floor, walls, lid and spare tire area.
- Generator Boxes - RV, Van, or any place a generator is used, place the product around the generator enclosure to kill the vibration noise (Must be 2" away from generator heat sources)
- Computer tower walls - Kills the vibration noise resonating through the metal.
- Headphone Mods - Over the ear headphones install to the inside of the shell to increase sound quality.
- Screen Doors - Apply throughout the door to stop the cymbal like noise.
- Coin Counting Machines – Install on the sheet metal.
- Hospital/Warehouse metal Carts – Install to the sheet metal.
- HVAC Ducts/Units – Install to any metal that is noisy.
**Use caution when handling Damplifier products as the foil edges are very sharp**
Noise Reduction Uses...
Whether you are looking to quiet down your street rod or make your daily driver silent like a luxury car, Damplifier Pro reduces structure borne noise that is the result of harmonics resonating from the vehicles sheet metal. Damplifier Pro stops this noise like your hand does when holding a wind chime or bell.
Damplifier Pro is a constraint layer damper that converts vibration energy into low level heat. This conversion of energy makes it 300% more efficient than tar boards and asphalt mats while weighing half as much.
Aftermarket, sound systems lose a lot of musical energy in vibrating and flexing metal panels. Not only are these vibrations loud, they also limit the potential of your stereo.
Damplifier Pro will help improve your audio system in several ways:
1. Reducing panel distortion and strengthen the area around the speakers.
2. Increasing the volume of your music by keeping the acoustical energy in the car.
3. Reducing unwanted ambient noise like road noise, engine noise & exhaust.
To help block higher frequencies of road, engine and exhaust noise, use Luxury Liner Pro on top of Damplifier Pro.
1. Ultra-thick foil layer acts as a radiant barrier, reflecting heat away.
2. Foil dissipates heat by increasing the surface area.
3. High quality USA made butyl rubber reduces heat transfer.
The next level of thermal insulation is to install Heatwave Pro, Luxury Liner Pro or Mega Block on top of Damplifier Pro.
What is the difference between Damplifier Pro and Damplifier?
Damplifier Pro is 2mm thick and Damplifier is 1mm thick.
The foil is the same at 6.5 mils. The only difference is in the thickness of butyl adhesive.
What makes Second Skin Damplifier different from asphalt roofing products?
Unlike roofing products, Damplifier and Damplifier Pro use 100% butyl rubber. This is safe for use inside vehicles, virtually odorless and designed by automotive engineers. Thicker foil means better vibration control.
Why is Damplifier Pro not on rolls?
Products that come on rolls are roof tapes/tars relabeled as sound deadener. Quality sound insulation is manufactured in sheets, no exceptions.
How much CLD deadener do I need to use?
Covering the vehicle's interior sheet metal with 25% coverage, will reduce some harmonic distortion. In many cases 50% to 60% is necessary for effective results. With extreme bass and large engines, users may need to cover up to 100% for maximum benefits.
Applying a MLV noise barrier like Luxury Liner Pro on top of Damplifier Pro will more than triple the results.
Why not use tar boards or asphalt?
Traditional noise mats are mostly inefficient mass loaders; heavy tar boards that work by adding weight to the cars metal. This method is over 70 years old, and is very inefficient.
Damplifier Pro Specification:
- 6.5 mil foil - BLACK with ghosted logo
- 2 mm thick (80 mils) +/- 10%
- Adhesive - High temp butyl rubber rated to 450 Degrees F
- .6 lbs. per square foot +/- 10%
- Sheet size - 12" X 20" = 1.67 sq ft
ASTM E-756 Testing Results
Click Link Below For Data