Damplifier™ Butyl Rope is a premium grade butyl sealent designed to be permanently flexible, tacky, and resistant to deterioration from weather and chemical solutions. This self adhesive Damplifier™ Butyl Rope damper helps insure a strong and quality water resistant bond along with killing structure borne vibrations, noise and heat, while saving weight and money. Damplifier™ Butyl Rope is made from the same very high quality butyl rubber that has been used in the industry leading Damplifier™ and Damplifier™ Pro peel and stick vibration mats. Made from high quality 100% American made butyl rubber with no asphalt or tar fillers, and rated to withstand -40F to well over 250F. Another Second Skin product that is proudly made in the USA!!!
Thanks to the high temperature & high rubber content butyl adhesive, you will not have to worry about this automotive insualtion rope falling off, peeling, or melting. Damplifier™ Butyl Rope is the perfect automotive sound deadener for every area of the vehicle or for all those unusual type nitch projects. Even though Damplifier™ Butyl Rope comes in 3/8" thickness it can be stretched to be used in thinner type applications for all sized projects. Simply cut, peel and stick this Damplifier™ Butyl Rope damper onto your project area to get better sound deadening results than any other product in its price class!
Damplifier™ Butyl Rope has many different uses in the car audio and muscle car industries along with different applications in every day life:
- Used to bond Speaker Box glass to speaker boxes
- Used on Speaker mounting bolt areas to kill vibration (Especially on metal speaker mounts)
- Between the areas where thin outer sheet metal of vehciles meets up with the side impact bars.
- Even can be used when replacing windows (This is a very high quality butyl rubber, specifically designed to kill vibration noise)
- Used when re-attaching the vapor barrier on door panels
- Mount After Market Tweeters
- Stopping rattling around door panel pieces (i.e electric lock swithces, window power button swithces)
- Reattaching modified headlight/taillight lenses
- Used on Sub Woofers in between wood and metal of sub woofer before putting screw in (for extra deadening and sealing)
*** Damplifier Butyl Rope can be shipped out in singles via USPS Flat Rate Envelopes for $7.50 each or (3) Damplifier Butyl Ropes shipped for $14.50 via USPS Flat Rate Medium Box. Just email us at email@example.com with full shipping info to get a single product order invoice. This option is for single order only, if you add the rope to a larger order it will ship with those packages. ***
- 3/8" Thick Damplifier™ Butyl Rope
- 15' Length on a Roll
- Store Below 120 degrees F.
- Shelf Life of 2 years
- Meets requirments of ASTM C 990 Section 6