Damplifier™ Butyl Rope is a premium grade butyl sealent designed to be permanently flexible, tacky, and resistant to deterioration from weather and chemical solutions. This self adhesive Damplifier™ Butyl Rope damper helps insure a strong and quality water resistant bond along with killing structure borne vibrations, noise and heat, while saving weight and money. Damplifier™ Butyl Rope is made from the same very high quality butyl rubber that has been used in the industry leading Damplifier™ and Damplifier™ Pro peel and stick vibration mats. Made from high quality 100% American made butyl rubber with no asphalt or tar fillers, and rated to withstand -40F to well over 250F. Another Second Skin product that has been proudly made in the USA!!!
Thanks to the high temperature & high rubber content butyl adhesive, you will not have to worry about this automotive insualtion rope falling off, peeling, or melting. Damplifier™ Butyl Rope is the perfect automotive sound deadener for every area of the vehicle or for all those unusual type nitch projects. Even though Damplifier™ Butyl Rope comes in 3/8" thickness it can be stretched to be used in thinner type applications for all sized projects. Simply cut, peel and stick this Damplifier™ Butyl Rope damper onto your project area to get better sound deadening results than any other product in its price class!
Damplifier™ Butyl Rope has many different uses in the car audio and muscle car industries along with different applications in every day life:
- Used to bond Speaker Box glass to speaker boxes
- Used on Speaker mounting bolt areas to kill vibration (Especially on metal speaker mounts)
- Between the areas where thin outer sheet metal of vehciles meets up with the side impact bars.
- Even can be used when replacing windows (This is a very high quality butyl rubber, specifically designed to kill vibration noise)
- Used when re-attaching the vapor barrier on door panels
- Mount After Market Tweeters
- Stopping rattling around door panel pieces (i.e electric lock swithces, window power button swithces)
- Reattaching modified headlight/taillight lenses
- Used on Sub Woofers in between wood and metal of sub woofer before putting screw in (for extra deadening and sealing)
- 3/8" Thick Damplifier™ Butyl Rope
- 15' Length on a Roll
- Store Below 120 degrees F.
- Shelf Life of 2 years
- Meets requirments of ASTM C 990 Section 6
***If you order just one Damp Rope at the fixed shipping price and nothing else in your order, the Damp Rope will be shipped out in a padded flat rate envelope from USPS and will only ship out to the lower 48 states. If you are adding the Damp Rope on to the rest of your order it will ship inside its' proper box along with the rest of your shipment. There is also a 3 Damp Rope box options that will ship out in the proper box also.***